All Velocity Cheat Codes Revealed!(9 posts) (5 voices)
Fantastic... thanks guys, and Kirsty. ;)
Drat, I've been meaning to go to the PowerLev site to see if there had maybe been updates that huicho619 and others might have been referring to, but I kept forgetting. Anyway, while that document is very informative, it appears that some of the codes got changed before the final version of the game. E.g., Invaders is unlocked from a Zone 50 pick-up, not from the flight computer; the memory game is unlocked by the method listed for Invaders, with no relationship to Zone 40; the mini Bomberman clone is unlocked from a pick-up in, er, one of the last few zones, not from the title screen. Also, the "coder art" code isn't in there.
I'll have to give the previously unrevealed codes a look. :) What was "the old Coconut Dodge cheat"?
I'm digging the alternate menu music. Very Aeon Flux.
I've tried out most of the codes (except for the actual cheats). Here are some thoughts:
- The drones are really cool! They don't actually "do nothing"; they cause damage to enemies with which they collide! That, combined with their semi-autonomous behavior, gives them sort of an R-Type Force module vibe. I think they can get destroyed, though, or maybe they're just disappearing after a timeout or due to a bug.
- I can't see any difference in the game when the bullet highlights code is entered. Bullets seem to look the same.
- One of the codes refers to a "Hit and Run" trophy. This trophy seems to have been renamed to "HAL" in the release version.
- The map preview for each zone doesn't help much. :) I at least can't recognize anything from the displayed samples.
- The vector ("retro") mode code has the L and Triangle buttons backwards compared to the release version.
- Not knowing "the old Coconut Dodge cheat," I still don't know what blur mode is.
Also, the visualizations that appear for each trophy when you hold down Square while you're on them are pretty nice. I like the fireworks-styled and advancing flame ones the best.
Like what onmode said, the codes are a little messed up.
Anyways, thanks for the cheats! But I won't enter all of them. I am this close to Ripley.
Ah, my bad.
I'd overlooked the fact that Robin had promised this to you. The 'marketing campaign' has been rather experimental and therefore disorganised. Next time around we'll have it organised better so this kind of thing doesn't happen :(
Please accept my humble apologies.
No need to. The fact that we got it first is still good.
You must log in to post.