FuturLab’s Next Mini Is…Velocity

We’ve known about FuturLab’s upcoming game for quite some time, but we didn’t know the name or just when it would come out. Now, thanks to a post on the Sony EU blog, we know both. The name is “Velocity” (reminding me of my favorite Olivier Gruner movie), and the release date is in March for members of PS+ for EU and NA, presumably the standard two weeks later for everyone else.

If this is even half as addictive as Coconut Dodge, this will be a game that will be very hard to put down.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • NewsVine
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Technorati
  • Live
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace

Comments

7 Responses to “FuturLab’s Next Mini Is…Velocity”
  1. thumbbandit says:

WOW!!!… just wow! I wasn’t expecting it to look so good.
    Sorry guys, I thought it would look good, don’t get me wrong, but not like this. :D :D :D :D :D

2. Shazbots says:

WOW just WOW, this game looks amazing, fun and unique. I like the teleporting gameplay and fling bombs is also quite good. This is a must buy game, I cant wait to play this game once is out =))))

3. FuturLab says:

Thank you folks. We wanted to do something special – something we could be proud of. We’re all extremely proud of it.

…and can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on it.

In the meantime, check out the hands-on previews from people that have played it here:

and

and interviews with myself and Robin here:

and

- and don’t forget to come by the website of Facebook page to show your support folks – we need it!

Thanks,

James

4. onmode-ky says:

Technically, I think the NA PS Blog simultaneously posted about the game, alongside the EU Blog. It was all over the Atlantic!

By the way, I’ve gone ahead and attached the “Velocity” tag to the earlier “unnamed FuturLab shooter” posts.

5. sniper712 says:

……*picks up jaws from ground* this just made ASSf2$ look primitive….

6. james says:

Lol, looks so bad. Better wait for real shooter instead of going for the cheap wannabe.

7. onmode-ky says:

As a player of “real shooters” (presumably meaning titles like Gradius, R-Type, Darius, Raiden, Ikaruga), I assure you Velocity is not “so bad.” It’s not a traditional scrolling shooter, more of a shooting/puzzling/racing adventure, but it excels at providing engaging, unique gameplay.

And considering the game has been out for a year, you should try it for yourself before judging. : ) At least read the PSPMinis.com review.