Upcoming—Tiny Hawk

tinyhawk_screenshot_4

Looks like we’ve got another game cruising into the Minis program. Polygon Toys will send their beloved Flash-based browser game,Tiny Hawk,  to the PSP/PS3. You can play the Flash version of the game here, or on every Flash game portal you can imagine. I’ve played this game before, and I love it because of its responsive controls and well thought-out level design. But mostly, I love Tiny Hawk because of its old school pixel graphics. According to a developer blog post, the Minis version will receive new graphics and a new scoring system. Tiny Hawk “is a platformer, a little bit in the style of Canabalt or Pix’n Love Rush, where you can’t stop, and you’ll bounce off walls, but with more focus on levels than an infinite stream of random obstacles.” This game will be released on January 4th in European territories. North America has to wait. The usual screenshots below:

tinyhawk_screenshot_10

• Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Technorati
  • Live
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace

Comments

7 Responses to “Upcoming—Tiny Hawk”
  1. raing3 says:

I remember coming by that some months ago, it is good to see it finally being released.

The character reminds me a lot of the thing on the front of an Ovalteenies packet: http://www.sanza.co.uk/pics/8043.jpg O_o

There haven’t been many minis released recently so I can’t wait to give this one a go. :D

2. Ofaliss says:

I know it’s been a while since I played Pix’N Love, but I’m pretty sure you could stop in it.

3. Notch says:

Really amazing game!
    Game of the year!

-Markus

4. Cell says:

Nice game :D

PolygonTools all the way :D

-Cell

5. Pekuja says:

@Ofaliss: Yes, you’re right. I meant to specifically refer to the On-Off Rush mode, where you go back and forth automatically. (I’m the developer of Tiny Hawk.)

6. I just tried the flash game of this. That was a lot of fun. I don’t care much for playing games at a computer, so when this comes to mini’s in America, I’ll probably pick this one up as long as the price is reasonable. The main pain in my arse on the flash game is that at the end of the level I have to grab the mouse to click off a screen (submit score) when I would rather move smoothly on to the next level.

7. onmode-ky says:

I’m late to the party, but welcome to PSPMinis.com, Pekuja! It’s always a delight having Minis developers appear here.